Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hooray for Me, Too!


I just finished the second pair of Hooray for Me fingerless gloves - the ones my son requested, in solid black. My son loves them, and had been wearing the first by itself until I finished the second! Using worsted weight made the gloves denser and warmer - I like the feel of them. I think they'd be better for really cold weather than the thinner wool I used last time. I also used an inexpensive wool blend (Lion Brand Wool-Ease), as my kids have a tendency to lose hats, gloves, etc.

Now I have to get my poor lonely mitten finished for the Warm Hands knit-along, and make its mate! I chose a plain, basic mitten pattern and yarn, and I think it was a mistake - nothing exciting. Oh, well - I still refuse to leave this mitten unfinished and alone! Actually, I was thinking of sewing some colorful buttons on front to spark them up, so I will have to check my button stash (yes, got one of those, too...) and see what I can come up with.

No comments: