Monday, September 24, 2007

"Fetching" is an F.O.!




I finished Fetching over the weekend. The gloves in the photo look uneven, but it's just the angle of the photo and curling of the edge that makes them look that way. Actually, I was going crazy for a while... I had to reknit the top cable band on the right glove three times. I kept reversing one cable for some crazy reason. I ripped out the cable row twice before completing it correctly the third time!
Even so, this was an easy and quick project. I am planning to make a couple more pairs as gifts, but will get the Debbise Bliss Cashmerino Aran first. (This one will be for my teenage niece - the yarn I used made the gauge a bit smaller, so the gloves are a touch too small for me or most adults with medium to large hands).
Now I also want to make the companion pattern, Dashing, for my husband.

No comments: