Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Knitsimple Chunky Sweater

Chunky Sweater in BIG Yarn
Chunky Sweater from Knitsimple

Knitsimple Premiere Issue

I am working on a project now that I wanted to do several years ago, the Chunky Sweater from the premiere issue of Knitsimple. I am making it for my niece as a Christmas present. I went back to my discount store "Amazing Savings" the other day, and found out they had the Lion Brand BIG yarn at only $1.99/hank. These seem to be closeouts, because this color, Large Lime, is no longer listed as a currently available color at the Lion website.
The sweater is a lot of fun to knit! When is the last time you can remember knitting an entire adult-size sweater back in less than two hours? I returned to another project in worsted yarn after starting this, and I felt like I was knitting the finest-gauge sock yarn, LOL. I think my niece, who is 14, will get a kick out of the funky look of the huge stitches.

No comments: