Monday, June 02, 2008

Good Morning!

This weekend was a busy one. On Saturday we went to Long Island, to celebrate my nephew's birthday. Yesterday was another picture-perfect day. I spent some time working in the garden, and then continued scanning my (many) accumulated patterns printed off the Web. I am glad I kept my copies of Jaywalker (socks) and Amulet (necklace pouch), now that MagKnits is no more. From what I understand, though, the various designers who published patterns in MagKnits will be making their designs available elsewhere... The best place to check for info on that is probably Ravelry, unless you know the designer and can look up his/her own website.

Speaking of Jaywalker, it is already a free Ravelry download. I am working on a pair now, actually, using Koigu KPPPM. It's the third pair of socks I have started with this yarn in the last few days, knitting and frogging as I was trying to decide what I wanted to make. Finally I settled on a pair of Jaywalkers with the picot edge as described in Anna's blog My Fashionable Life. It really makes the socks rock, and accents the zigzag pattern so beautifully, doesn't it?

Jaywalker Sox

I also worked a lot this past week on my Summer Tee:

Summer Tee

The front is finished, and half the back. I am thinking about whether I want the sleeves to be bordered stockinette, like the front and back, or all garter stitch for contrast... I haven't made up my mind yet.

Finally, I added Brisa (a shell from knitty) to my Ravelry queue. I think it will be perfect for the other yarn I picked up at WEBS, the Classic Elite Four Seasons Cotton. (Hmmm... it's been reduced even further now...) I plan to start Brisa as soon as I finish the tee.

No comments: