Saturday, November 06, 2010

Finished Scarf, on to Hats and Mittens!

I finished the Hydrangea Stole I was making (Easy Lace Stole pattern by Arlene's World of Lace.) It's not the best photo in the world, but the lace pattern did open up nicely with blocking.

100_2579.jpg

Right now I am working on a headband based on this Ribbed Beanie pattern. It will be a companion to the cowl I made a few weeks back, using up my last skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in the same deep blue. On the weekends I like getting up early and knitting at Starbucks while I have a skinny vanilla or caramel latte. It's a relaxing way to start the weekend.

100_2580.jpg

I also want to make more hats, including Windschief, for the coming cold weather. Why is it that whenever I find A new pattern I want to make, I never have the right size needles??? I need to get more DPNs - size 7 & 6.

I am also joining a Mitten KAL - to knit a pair of Skulls and Flowers Mittens. Jennifer Thompson, the designer, has offered the pattern free to anyone who joins her KAL on Ravelry. (Her blog is Fern Knits.) It's such a cute design, and it's the first time I have attempted a stranded knitting pattern this detailed and complex, so this will be a good way to start. I'll have lots of people to ask for help if I need it! Jennifer also reports today that the pattern has gone viral, there is so much interest in it! Should be lots of fun.

I picked out my yarn the other day: Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool in black, white and vermillion red. Can't wait to get started!

100_2573.jpg

No comments: