Friday, November 25, 2005





Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I have more pics than usual thanks to the holiday. First are pics of the completed Interweave Knits Crochet (Fall 2005) ruffled scarf from the cover. I used a lace yarn for the first set of rows (see detail photo) and then a bulky yarn for the ruffled area. While it looks very pretty, I think I would use double strands of lace weight next time, or pick a different yarn, as it was really a bit too thin for this project. It made the scarf narrower than the one in the cover photo - more decorative than functional (warmth wise).

Then there's my buddy Spike, who got quite a few treats from the family yewsterday - turkey, cheese, and more - probably more than was good for him! It's back to his regular diet today!!! :)

Finally, because it is pretty and it's SOOOO cold out, I included a picture of my centerpiece for our Thanksgiving dinner... Flowers always make me feel warm inside! It's cold enough to curl the leaves on the rhododendrons out front, and that's when I know it's time to dress extra-warm.

I am NOT going to be one of the crazy shoppers out there today (the news showed the malls in NJ crowded already at 7:30AM. I may go out with my sister (and possibly add to our yarn stashes), but that doesn't count - we do that ALL the time! :)

No comments: