Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A little about me...

Here are some Q & A's that will let you know a little about me:

1. What is your marital status? Family status?
I have a husband and two boys. (No girls, only a niece to buy or make the frilly girly things for.)

2. Pets?
I have a four-legged son, Spike, a Black Lab mix we adopted as a puppy. He's now two years old.

3. Do you prefer knitting or crochet?
I like both, and like to switch back and forth. The textures are different, and find some projects better suited to one or the other.

4. How did you learn to knit and crochet?
My grandmother originally taught me the basics of crochet, and I would make lopsided blankets for my Barbie dolls when I was younger. (They would grow progressively narrower!) I believe she also taught me the basics of knitting, though I don't really remember. I also bought some "Teach Yourself" booklets when I was younger - from Coats and Clark, etc.

5. What brought you back to knitting and crochet as a hobby?
All the wonderful new patterns, yarns, textures and colors. Though I loved my grandmother's work, current styles have become more hip and fashionable.

More in my next post....

No comments: