Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A nice little surprise...




was waiting for me in my email today. I won nona's latest knitting contest! I guessed the correct number of rows she could knit on her Katrina sweater before the remaining yarn ran out. She had 67 rows left to finish the second sleeve, and since I was the last person to guess, so I simply took the highest number remaining (43).

I also finished the first tube sock I was working on, and I am ready to cast on the second later. Yesterday while web surfing, I found a wonderful collection of free patterns through another blogger, I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can . It's an e-book (a PDF file) with 99 pages of patterns and color photos! There are lots of styles and patterns to pick from, to suit a wide variety of tastes.

The doorbell rang earlier, and it was UPS with the first part of my CafePress order (from my shop, Knit and Purl)! I ordered the two coffee mugs (Yarn-aholic in the regular size, and Obsessed Knitter in the extra large size). They came out great (check out the photos above). I'm really excited to work on more designs now. The quality of the products is excellent.

No comments: