Friday, December 02, 2005

Knitting Holiday Gifts




Well, Blogger has been acting weird as I have tried to post this, so I hope it finally gets published the way I want it!

I just finished a scarf the other day from a new book I bought, knitting fun for everyone , by Better Homes & Gardens, and published by Leisure Arts. It's called the "Buttoned Scarf", but what I like is that the button is a pompom! (It's a little tough to see the pompom in the photo I posted unless you click to enlarge it. )

They were out of Lion Brand Landscapes yarn (what the pattern called for), so I substituted two other yarns: Lion's Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Sky Blue, and Bernat's Soft Boucle in # 26958 - Carnival Shades (both yarns held together). It came out nice, I think, and it's thick and warm.

The book has so many other great projects to knit for gifts, too, I can't wait to try some of the others - guys' caps, a baby sweater, a girl's top. All are quick and easy, and look really nice.

Sigh~~ so many projects, so little time! ;)

No comments: