Saturday, September 15, 2007

Child's Sweater, Buttons and Classic Elite Yarn









The last day or so I've been working on a girl's cardigan sweater (24mos size). So far I have completed the back, and have started the right front. If all goes well, I'd like to complete two by Christmas. One of the women at work had twin girls in January, so these would be perfect for Christmas or birthday gifts... I am using Lion Woolease in lavender, and the same pattern I used for the infant sweater I made earlier. Instead of color striping, I am just using stockinette and garter stitch pattern combinations for interest.
I also found these cute daisy buttons. At the time I bought them, I thought they were all one size, but on closer look I found that there are three sizes in the bag. I'll be using the medium or large for the sweater buttons, which means I'll have to pick up another package.

Finally, I went to my LYS to pick up yarn for the Fetching pattern. They did not have Debbie Bliss. :( The saleswoman was very helpful, though, and showed me a variety of substitutes that should work nicely based on the pattern specs. I chose Montera, by Classic Elite, one skein each of color # 3887 (Pear) and # 3856 (Majolica Blue). I can't wait to get started! :)

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Al and I LOVE the daisy buttons. The sweateer will be wonderful. Im in sweater domtoo, trying to finish my sister's gift......almost 2 weeks left. I'd love to finish it this week..............