Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Buttons, Buttons... and More Yarn!






Here is the second baby sweater, complete with buttons. Actually, they are there for decorative purposes only - there are snaps behind them. I wasn't totally happy with the buttonholes on the other baby sweater, so I decided to try this way. The snaps seem to allow for a more uniform and neat closure... The buttons are actually a bit lighter - more pastel in tone - but here they look a bit brighter.
Over the weekend my sister and I (the real knitters in the family - my other sister is wavering!) - went to Tarrytown, NY. It's a quaint and pretty town on the Hudson River in Westchester County, NY right next to the Tappan Zee Bridge.
Aside from beautiful Victorian-style homes and lots of great antiques shops, my favorite yarn shop relocated there not too long ago. It's Flying Fingers, and was formerly just one town south, in Irvington, NY. I couldn't resist this Blue Sky Alpaca yarn... So soft, in a perfect fall rusty orange color!

No comments: