Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming... Knitting Mittens and Whimsies

Aqua Mittens

Aqua Mittens

Aqua Mittens


Back to regular knitting business! The swap mitts and package are complete! (I have pics, but will not post them until after my pal receives the package.) ;)

I started a pair of regular mittens, by request, for a friend's daughter. They are from Family Circle's Easy Knitting, Fall 2005 issue. I am using Paton's Classic Merino Wool, in # 77734 "Too Teal". They knit up really fast, and the wool yarn is nice and warm. It is just a tiny bit rough, though, so I think I will add some fabric softener when I rinse them for blocking.

And, if they didn't already, my co-workers definitely know now that I am crazy... especially about knitting! :) I made a couple of these hot cup sleeves, to use up odds & ends of leftover wool and "go green" at the same time, too.
Whimsy

2 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my endpapers on the KAL :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little idea for a coffee cozy - I love it! =)