Thursday, December 13, 2007

Patterns: Fun and, Well, ..... Strange!




I got my Berroco KnitBits newsletter today, with a really cool set of free patterns - miniature sweaters to knit as tree ornaments! Minutia is available in the Free Patterns section of the Berroco website. What great little gifts they would be for knitting friends! They also have lots of other gift ideas in a special section of their free patterns.

OK, I have seen some unusual knitting patterns... For example, knitty has featured, among other things, a knitted "Womb", and a Boobie Scarf (yes,if you haven't seen it, boobs are knit in, nipples are optional...) Now today I found a pattern for knitted toilet paper! Depending upon the fiber used (cashmere, anyone???), I suppose it could beat Charmin in a contest for the softest tissue around...

No comments: