Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gray Scarf FO; Discount Shopping! :)




I finished my simple gray scarf, which became a keyhole scarf at the suggestion of a friend. It's now ready for blocking. I am planning to make a crocheted flower pin, to help hold the scarf snugly in place at the neck and add a decorative accent.


I went to my favorite discount/closeout store Wednesday to check out what goodies they had. Earlier in the week I had been looking in the Container Store for magazine holders, to organize my knitting and crochet magazines, but they didn't have anything I liked. To my total surprise, the discount store had some cute ones (first time I've ever even seen them there!), and they were on closeout for $1.99 each! That's much less than I'd have paid anywhere else.



Even better, they got in a whole new selection of yarns, including some from Lion Brand and Caron. I bought some Bolero (100% wool) in Starburst. Each skein was only $1.99! They have some other nice colorways, as well as more Lion Suede, Boucle, and others... I'll have to work hard to resist!! :) (My stash is so full already!)

No comments: