Monday, May 12, 2008

Wow, It's Been a While!

Time sure flies - whether or not you are having fun, it seems! :^P I have been offline due to arm/neck problems, but I am hoping to get back into the swing regularly again.

The bottom line after an MRI and nerve conduction test is that I do NOT have carpal tunnel (yay!). I DO have arthritis in the cervical spine (neck) on multiple vertebrae. That is most likely causing a pinched nerve in the neck, and is the root cause of the numbness, tingling, and pain in the left arm. I have been going to PT twice a week (one more thing to do on my already long list, LOL). Included in the PT is traction, to help relieve the pressure on the nerve. So far Progress has been slow, but at least I don't have to worry about carpal tunnel and what that means for my knitting.

I had actually begun to knit a little again about a week ago. I started a summer shawl and another Montparnasse (this time in a summer yarn, Reynolds "Saucy"). However, that is all on hold now, because SOCK WARS III officially began last Friday! I have my target, who happens to be male, and I am busily working on the "Detonator" Sock pattern designed especially for Sock Wars III. Unfortunately, I have to knit a pair of large men's socks (U.S. size 12), which is something of a disadvantage speedwise. The "assassin" who's after me will have an easier time of it... Still, I am in it for fun, and don't really expect to last long - I am not an expert or especially speedy sock knitter. Once I finish my target's socks, I will be able to post more about my other projects currently on the needles. Until then, wish me luck!!



1 comment:

kathy b said...

Great health news on the knitting front. Sock Wars sounds like a funny time. Enjoy