Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emmie's Sweater



I made another dog sweater, this time for my friend's second chihuahua, Emmie. The pattern is from the April 2009 issue of Crochet World, "Walking the Dogs" by Treva McCain (the male dog sweater) (pg 46). I used a bright multi yarn because it is actually for a female chihuahua. I gave the sweater to my friend, for a fitting - to try on her dog, Emmie... (I made a different one for Bambi, her other chihuahua, in 2007).




It turned out that after a fitting, the measurements needed to be adjusted - the coat was too long. I shortened it, then added a turtleneck collar (requested by my friend) and a little ruffle at the bottom (since it is for a female dog). I should have pics of Emmie modeling it soon, too.

The colors were a big hit, and since it is 100% acrylic, it's machine washable, a big must for dog sweaters!!!

This was a super fast, fun project, even with the fitting and adjustments I made. Now I am wanting another one, this time for my "baby", Maisy!

Maisy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute!
My husband won't let me put sweaters, ties, hats, or anything else on our dog that isn't a collar. He's such a stodge.