Saturday, October 02, 2010

Allium Blocking and a Cabled Cowl

100_1789.jpg

I received my lace blocking wires in the mail the other day from Stargazing Lily, and got to work this afternoon blocking The Allium Shawl on my ironing board:

100_1786.jpg


It's coming along beautifully. In fact, in just a couple of hours it's almost dry, since it's by the open window and the ceiling fan has been on.

Meantime as the laundry is getting done I have been working on A Very Braidy Cowl by Maryse Roudier. (This link is to the pattern in her blog... the Ravelry link is here: A Very Braidy Cowl) I did talk previously about doing another lace scarf, but I wanted something fast and easy before tackling another lace project.

I had some beautiful Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a blue that almost matches the color of the Encore Worsted yarn she used in the pattern illustration photos. It is so soft and cozy, I just had to use it. It's a fun, quick knit (and also an easy pattern for anyone looking for a first-time cabling project).

100_1776.jpg

If I have enough yarn left, I may take Maryse's suggestion and make the 16 Sixteen Cable Hat by Circé Belles Boucles (which inspired Maryse to design the cowl) to go with it.

No comments: