Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Went to Mochi Mochi Land! :) Happy Happy!!

100_2401.jpg
(Greetings from Mochi Mochi Land!)

I had such a fun day yesterday! I decided to attend the last day of the Greetings from Mochi Mochi Land exhibit/trunk show/tea party at Gallery Hanahou in Noho, NYC.

The exhibit was even more amazing in person... The details, colors and creativity were incredible. I had the chance to meet Anna Hrachovec, the designer and creator, and she autographed a copy of her book, Knitting Mochi Mochi, which I purchased at the show. She also spoke about her work and the creative process. All of the yarn used was donated by Cascade Yarns, and Anna knitted everything by hand... including the green grass table covering. I shot tons of photos (See my Flicker pages) and several videos:




100_2393.jpg
(Anna Hrachovec speaking about her work)

Pieces from the show were available for purchase, and I couldn't resist the little Melted Snowman:

100_2423.jpg

100_2425.jpg


Although I was going into the city especially for the show, I added in stops at two nearby places: Pearl River, a favorite store of mine, and Purl SoHo yarn/sewing shop I have been wanting to visit. The city was absolutely packed - everyone was out enjoying the wonderful weather and shopping.More about these stops in my next post!!

No comments: