Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lots Going On...

I have been a bit overwhelmed lately... I am in the process of transitioning from a part time job to a full time job (same company, same location, different position) and it's been hectic as I get used to the new hours and new responsibilities while wrapping up my old ones (including training my replacement). It's exciting, but stressful at the same time. I have slowed down a bit with my knitting, naturally, but have some small projects to share...

From the Purl Bee: I have been making these little urchin crocheted stones, useful as paperweights, also pretty to look at.

100_2659.jpg

Purl Bee is a wonderful crafting site with so many creative ideas... I wish I had time to try them all!

Anthropologie Inspired Braided Headwrap

I have also knit two Anthropologie Inspired Braided Headwraps for friends of mine (they are Starbucks Baristas)

(Note: I changed out the buttons after this photo was taken)
100_2654.jpg

This is such a quick, easy knit, and I love the look. I used a double strand of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, which I happened to have on hand in the color requested (black). The headwraps are thick and warm, with nice stitch definition.

A couple of weeks ago I found a skein of Lorna's Laces Sheperd Worsted Multi in my stash (Child's Play colorway), and just knew it was perfect for another Very Braidy Cowl. One more item in my Christmas Gift basket!

Another Braidy Cowl

Finally, I finished my second Windschief in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter:

100_2618.jpg

My hubby loves his (the top one, in Wool Socks colorway) and he and my son took their hats with them today (my son's is the bottom one, in Embers) as they travel up north to visit Cornell. (Yes, we are preparing for one in college next fall... One important reason I am transitioning to full time work!!)

Today I am desperately trying to catch up on return phone calls, emails, blogging, etc. I can't access personal email at work at all (not that I'd have the time these days, anyway!!!) If I get a chance, I'm hoping to get busy on the Skulls and Flowers Mittens I've been wanting to make. I've barely had time to look at the yarn since it arrived! (Knitpicks Palette - it's so soft!!)

KnitPicks Zephyr Interchangeable Circular Needle Set and Palette Yarn

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

keri said...

What gorgeous rocks!

I hear you on the stress - I hope things get better soon, I think as soon as you find a rhythm for it and get comfortable with your new job it will get better.