Tuesday, October 18, 2005

New Project




Last night I finished the tube socks, so I am ready to start my Peaceful Palms knit-along project. I'm doing fingerless gloves, using the pattern Hooray for Me Gloves , by Marnie MacLean. I went to Sticks and Strings to pick out my yarn and get the size 2 DPN's I needed. The yarn I fell in love with is Lana Grossa Mega Boot Stretch #710. The colorway is all about fall: a varigated thread of purple, red, orange, yellow, and green, twisted with a black thread for a tweedy look. I bought two 100-gram balls (400m each), which I hope will leave me plenty for another project.

My "goodie" box from KnitPicks arrived yesterday, too, so it felt almost like Christmas or my birthday. In addition to the sock yarns, I also ordered two books: Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee ( I already have her At Knit's End : Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much ) and The Portable Crafter: Crochet by Carolyn Christmas.

With all I got yesterday, I will have plenty in the knitting department to keep me busy for a while!