Monday, January 30, 2006

Socks and Shrugs...



I picked up the yarn for the shrug on the cover of the latest Knit It magazine. It took a while for me to find a store with enough stock in the right color (the one pictured). I got lucky last weekend - I was in Michael's just as they were restocking the shelves with new deliveries. I think I took their entire supply - I didn'tsee any more bags besides what I took. Seems strange that they would order so little - especially when a pretty design is featured on the cover of a popular knitting magazine. I know the LYS I go to most often - Goldman's Yarns - will specifically order in extra yarn for designs they expect to be popular. (I guess that's the difference between a LYS and a chain that caters to a variety of interests.)

I have also begun a pair of socks using some of the Knitpicks yarn I purchased a while back. - Sock Garden in Hydrangea. I loved the colors of this yarn!

3 comments:

nona said...

Great shrug, something that will go with everything! I'm glad you were in the right place at the right time to get your yarn.

Kathy said...

Bernadette

That shrug is lovely. I loved it as soon as I saw it on the cover. I am knitting with knitpicks Morning GLory right now. YOUR colors are so cheerful. Mine are DARK.

Whit said...

Hey, I'd love it if you'd come join my Olympic Team - Team DPN!!

http://teamdpn.blogspot.com

--Whit