Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Who Could Resist???




Really, who COULD resist these prices??? I was so happy with how the purses came out, that I had to go back and get more yarn. The Wool-Ease was $1.99 per skein (80% acrylic/20% lambswool, oz/197 yds). I am planning an easy-care hubby-sweater, and maybe some more gloves/mittens). The Suede was 99 cents apiece!!! (122 yds/3 oz) (Yes, I kid you not). The Suede is for a knitting bag I have been wanting to make forever...
I have been wanting to make the bag since the pattern came out, but so many other things have kept it on my long wishlist of things to knit. Now that I have the yarn, I went to retrieve the Knitting Tote pattern from the Berroco website, only to find this gorgeous bag: Bramble. Choices, choices... I actually am now leaning much more towards this newer pattern. I like the two-color stitch pattern, and the other looks very close to seed stitch, like my recently completed purses. Which do you like best?

1 comment:

kathy b said...

What a yarn haul! My goodness great deal as well. I love the Bramble pattern. It will be gorgeous. I want to see it knitted up.